You can obtain a Visa Extension by visiting the nearest embassy. If you're already in Azerbaijan, you can also request an extended visa by contacting the appropriate local authorities. However, it's worth noting that this is relatively uncommon, as only a few countries require a consular visa for entry into Azerbaijan.
Foreign nationals need to submit the necessary documents for extending their temporary stay to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan. This extension request should be made a minimum of three working days before the expiration of their authorized temporary stay period, except in cases of emergency stop during transit.
The temporary stay period for foreign nationals in the Republic of Azerbaijan can be prolonged under the following circumstances:
- When there's an urgent need for medical treatment within Azerbaijan's borders.
- In the event of a severe illness or the passing of a close relative who resides in Azerbaijan.
- If there is a valid application related to incomplete work projects by foreign individuals and stateless persons who arrived in Azerbaijan for official purposes, as submitted by the inviting organization.
- When there is an unexpected stop during transit while traveling through Azerbaijan.
- When there's a need to extend the temporary stay period for the father, mother, husband, wife, child, brother, or sister of a foreigner or stateless person in Azerbaijan.
The temporary stay period for foreigners in the Republic of Azerbaijan may be extended for a maximum of 60 days. If you have any other questions regarding the Azerbaijan e-visa, please contact us for more details.