Highlights of Azerbaijan Nature
The territory of the Azerbaijan Republic is rich in flora. Here grow over 4,500 kinds of flowering plants with rare and endangered ones among them. The Azerbaijan 's forests are broad-leaved, mixed, and riparian. There are also plantings of evergreen plants, orohylile light forests, alpine meadows (in the mountains).
Azerbaijan Nature - Fauna
The fauna of Azerbaijan is rather varied. The forests are inhabited by bears, wolves, deer, lynxes, wild boars. In arid zones and plains one can find plenty of lizards, adders and other reptiles as well as hares, wolves, foxes. The fauna of the Kura and Araks rivers is represented by wild boars, roe deer, badgers, jackals. Larger animals are goitered gazelles, East Caucasian turs, roe deer, and chamois. The shallow gulfs of the Caspian Sea are populated by a variety of birds - pheasants, partridges, red grouses. Most birds come there to winter - ducks, geese, swans, herons, pelicans, flamingoes, cormorants, etc.
30 kinds of fishes are allowed to be caught in the fresh waters of the Republic and in the Caspian Sea . Many of them can be caught in the Kura and some water reservoirs. The most valuable fishes are salmon, sturgeon, beluga, asp, shamai and lamprey. There are also breams, carps etc.
The Republic's fish farms grow various kinds of fishes. 20 million sturgeon hatchlings, 600 thousand of salmon and more than 800 million of breams, carps and other fishes
Azerbaijan nature possessions are abounding. Even unique Cainozoic woods have survived there. These are impossible to find anywhere else in the world. So it is no wonder that the government creates and takes care of numerous nature conservation territories.
The reserves such as Kyzylagach, Zakatalsk and Shirvan are regarded on the global level of significance . The Girkansk Reserve protects relic vegetation of the Talysh Mountains and Lenkoran Lowland.
The Turianchai Reserve protects the well-known eldar pine.
The natural complexes of the east part of the Major Caucasus are preserved by Ismaill Reserve, and one of the most beautiful lakes of the world – Lake Gyoigyol and surrounding natural complexes of Minor Caucasus surrounding are protected by Gyoigyol Reserve.
Other interesting reserves are Aggel, Basutchai, Karayaz, Kyzylgadj, Pirkulin, Turianchai Reserves as well as 16 others.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Turkey & Azerbaijan - Where the continents collide
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Best Souvenirs To Buy In Baku
- Make eVisa for less in Flower Season
- Azerbaijan changes e-Visa issuance procedure
- Special Offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Food, Dining, & Drinks in Azerbaijan
- 15 Best Places to Visit in Azerbaijan
- 10 reasons to visit Azerbaijan