Azerbaijan visa requirements for Swedish citizens
For many travelers, Azerbaijan is one of the top destinations for their vacation. Before having a trip in Azerbaijan, tourists must know that they need a visa to enter the country.
Swedish nationals are able to apply for an Azerbaijan online visa, commonly known as an ASAN visa or an e-Visa.
Since December 2017, Swedish Embassies in Azerbaijan have launched electronic visas to make it easier for Swedish nationals to travel to Azerbaijan.
The Azerbaijan e-visa is now available to Swedish, making it easier than ever to get an Azerbaijan visa. You may apply for an e-visa to Azerbaijan online at Azerbaijan Immigration & e-Visa Portal website.
Azerbaijan Visa for Swedish residents
Why do Swedish travelers need an Azerbaijan tourist visa?
The reason Sweden requires an Azerbaijani tourist visa is because of the Schengen Agreement, which requires countries to have border checks in order to prevent illegal immigration and terrorism.
Sweden is not on the visa-exemption list for Azerbaijan, so Swedish travelers who want to visit Azerbaijan and remain in this beautiful country should obtain a visa beforehand. The electronic visa system makes it easier for Swedish nationals to get a visa, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate as before.
How long can Swedish citizens stay in Azerbaijan with an e-Visa?
According to the Swedish Embassy in Baku, expats from Sweden can stay in Azerbaijan for up to three months.
The Azerbaijani e-Visa for Swedish nationals is valid for 90 days from the date of arrival, allowing a 30-day stay duration with a single entry. The travel permit automatically expires after the date specified on the visa and cannot be used to enter Azerbaijan again.
Azerbaijan visa requirements for Swedish residents
Azerbaijan visa requirements for Swedish residents
Azerbaijan is a welcoming nation to travelers from all over the world. You should be aware of the visa requirements for Swedish if you intend to visit Azerbaijan.
- Having a valid Swedish passport valid for at least six months from the arrival date, with 02 blank pages for the stamping. Swedish travelers whose passports are about to expire within 06 months from the intended arrival date will need to renew their passports before applying. It might be a problem if your passport expires in less than six months while you're in the country. Citizens with several passports should use the same one to ensure that they can enter and depart Baku whenever they choose.
- Valid Credit/debit card — Before completing your application, you must pay for the visa fee.
- An mail address – Because all the notifications of your visa will be sent to you through email, it is critical that you provide a valid email address.
Swedish citizens apply for an e-Visa to Azerbaijan
How do Swedish citizens apply for an e-Visa to Azerbaijan?
The process of applying for an Azerbaijan e-Visa comprises 03 steps:
- Step 1: The first step requires you to provide some basic information. Your name, address, passport information, date of birth, and other details are required. Furthermore, the processing time must be chosen. Remember that the choice you choose has an influence on the total cost of your visa.
- Step 2: Pay the e-visa fee online. After that, receive an email confirmation of your visa application.
- Click the “Submit” button to finish the application process and wait for your visa result. Once the e-visa is sent via your email address, you should download and print a copy to present at the border checkpoint.
The entire process should take no more than 20 minutes.
E-visa fees to Azerbaijan from Sweden
E-visa fees to Azerbaijan from Sweden.
When applying for an e-Visa to Azerbaijan online, you must pay the Azerbaijan visa fees.
The cost of the service, however, is determined by the processing time you select. There are 03 price choices for the Azerbaijan e-Visa service:
- Standard: If you select this option, you will receive your visa decision in 03 business days.
- Urgent: Reduce your processing time as soon as possible. In 24 hours, your e-visa should arrive.
- Super Urgent: You might have your e-visa results in as soon as 05 hours if you use this service. This service currently has the fastest processing time.
Select the urgent processing option if you're in a hurry. You will have your visa within hours due to the quick processing time. You may finish all stages on the www.azerbaijanimmigration.com website in ten to fifteen minutes. Furthermore, you will get your visa by email at the address you provided on the application form if your visa application is granted.
Regarding the payment methods, you can use wire transfers (the Bank of Cyprus) and electronic payments. Electronic payments are accepted using Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, and American Express.
We also recommend getting international travel insurance COVID-19 to protect your benefits while you're away from home.
Embassy of Azerbaijan in Sweden:
Visitors visiting Azerbaijan who plan to stay longer than 30 days must first register with their appropriate Azerbaijan embassy in Sweden.